Category: Recipes | Post by: Andrea Wong
I don't cook porridge in a pot anymore, do you? I bung everything in the microwave and it's ready in about two minutes. And that's not even using those fancy flavoured porridge sachets.
Being winter, I naturally think of porridge. And because I went to the Auckland Food Show yesterday, I had some delicious goodies to start nibbling on. So this morning's breakfast was a tribute to the Food Show.
Oob organic blueberries, coupled with fresh and dried organic fairtrade bananas from All Good Bananas, drizzled with maple syrup. Porridge heaven, if there ever was one!
Blueberry and double banana porridge with maple syrup
2/3 cup milk
5 tbsp quick cook oats
handful of frozen blueberries
1/4 banana, sliced
1 dried banana, chopped
2 tbsp maple syrup
- In your breakfast bowl heat the milk in the microwave for 1 minute on high
- Defrost the blueberries for a few seconds, in a separate bowl
- Add the rolled oats to the milk and cook in the microwave for a further 1-1.5 minutes at 70% power. Keep an eye on the porridge. I take it out when it starts puffing up but not overflowing
- Add the blueberries, bananas and drizzle over the maple syrup
- Add more hot milk if you like.